Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My first blog

Hello blogging world! I guess this is a long-overdue addition to my life, considering how much I love to imagine that what I do and say has profound importance in the vitality of the universe. Now the inner workings of my mind will be available to all. The world is a better place. :)

I am currently reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie O'Martian (which is the most perfect romance novel name I have ever heard. I think that she will be either a newspaper reporter or a private detective). I do not, as a general rule, get into the "Christiany" books. I am not usually a cynical person, but there is just something about modern American Christianity that brings it out in me. I must say, however, this book is phenomenal. Stormie has some real insight into the power of prayer in a marriage. She also backs up what she says with verses from the Bible (imagine that!). She has brought up some really good points about praying specifically for your husband that I had never even considered. I have started praying for my husband in all of the areas that the book points out. I have noticed a real change already. It is amazing what the Lord wants to tell you, if you really want to know. Tyler has been talking about the mission field, and how he feels called, for a while. But he has never said anything with certainty. I have started praying that God will show him what He wants for Tyler's ministry. (You might be wondering why I wasn't praying for this before, but sometimes I'm stupid.) God is answering that prayer. He is giving Tyler more of a sense of what He wants from him. He is also showing me what He wants from me. Moving out of the country is kind of a scary idea, but if that is what God wants, staying here is far scarier. Thank you, Stormie, for sharing your thoughts, and thanks Terri (mom-in-law) for giving me the book, but most importantly, thank you, God, for having a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment