That is officially who I am now. I travel from place to place and have no other identity to the people that I meet other than what I married. I have often used the "title" myself. "Who's that?" "It's the M's kid, the M's wife, etc." Being on the receiving end of it, it sounds kind of snotty. Just fyi. I know that I will make an effort to learn people's given names from now on.
We are in Edmond, Oklahoma at Edmond Road Baptist Church. It's been fun seeing people that I knew 10 years ago. Evelyn loves all of the kids that are her age. She especially loves two little girls that she calls her "sisters." I have to explain to her that they are sisters, but she isn't their sister. I was allowed to (had to) share my testimony in church last night. I only had to stop a couple of times and not for very long, so it was a success. People told me it was a blessing, so I guess I have to believe them. :)
Since it's been awhile, I will fill you in on what we have been doing since we left Colorado. We got to go home to Fayetteville for a few days and spend a weekend in Branson with Tyler's family. Then we headed to Sioux Falls, SD for a conference up there. That was a stressful time, but we survived. Harrison caught his first cold. That wasn't fun at all. After South Dakota, we came back to Fayetteville. Tyler went to a conference in Broken Bow, Oklahoma, but the kids and I stayed home. Partially because of Harrison's cold and partially because it was Libby's last week in Fayetteville. It was really nice to stay home for a while, but it did make me not want to leave again. But, here we are...
Oh, one more thing. Praise God for salvation! Thank you, Jesus! Thanks for making it easy even though we try to make it hard, and thanks for making it totally dependent on You!
Evelyn quote of the day:
Evelyn: This is Super Target?
Tyler: Yah.
Evelyn: Those are super clothes?
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment