Hello from Grand Forks, North Dakota, about 45 minutes south of the US/Canada border. Yes, I'm still alive, and yes, we have actually been doing things for the last month. In fact, we have been in Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, South Dakota, Minnesota, and North Dakota...and all the states that connect them.
Some highlights from the last few weeks:
Spent a week at Matt and Lucy's house and their church's conference. Evelyn loved playing with Nicole. It took them about 2 days to start acting like sisters. Evelyn had her first sleepover. It lasted about 10 minutes before she asked to go sleep in her bed. We got to spend some great time with Matt and Lucy and their church family. I got to go "shopping" in my first missions closet. Basically it's a cabinet with all sorts of fun stuff that I got to rummage through and pick out stuff. I got shampoo, toothpaste, a curling iron, some Bath and Body Works stuff, and alot more. It was like a free trip to Walmart!
The oven in our rental house broke. We decided to buy a used one on craigslist to try to save some money. We found one in Springdale, so drove from Springfield back home to pick it up. When we went to hook it up, we realized that it was set up for propane. Called the lady, Tyler's dad went to pick up the parts, drove back to fix it and realized it was the wrong part. Ended up calling Lowe's and having them deliver one. Should have done that in the first place. By the way, anyone need an oven set up for propane?
Evelyn has managed to get "shocked" twice in the last month or so. She touched an electric fence earlier this fall. And the other day, she stuck a bobby pin into an electrical outlet. I'm not sure what this is doing to her brain cells.
We have been to some really great churches in the last few weeks and got to make some good friends. It's nice to get to know people instead of being a stranger everywhere.
I have some pictures to post...maybe tomorrow. Right now, I am really tired. We were at a "new friend's" house tonight for 6 hours playing board games. Tomorrow, we are headed north of the border.
Evelyn Quote of the Day:
Evelyn: (talking to herself) Just remember what Daniel did.
Me: What did Daniel do?
Evelyn: Hmmm...I don't know.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment