Monday, October 26, 2009

$25 Challenge



I had a great weekend. Spent Friday night with friends, went hiking on Saturday, spent Saturday night with friends, spent Sunday at church potlucking, partying, and practicing. It was a really good weekend!




Now back to the week... I am actually pretty excited about this week. I have a lot going on. The most pressing being the House of Destiny. Wow, the Lord is really good. Just when I had given up hope of it being anything other than the same, things start to look up. That isn't what I am focusing on today however. I have a new challenge for myself.

I am only going to spend $25 a week on groceries.

I have already discussed my need to get out of debt, well, here is a way to do it. I know that it sounds crazy, but I think it will work. I plan to go shopping for the first time on my new budget tomorrow. I will let you know of my results.


The plan:

Spend $25 a week on groceries.

Any non-grocery item (such as shampoo, diapers, etc) falls under the misc. category, for which the budget is $50 a month.

Any eating out is part of the $25 a week. So basically, no eating out!




No comments:

Post a Comment