We set sail on Saturday, August 14, at 2:30 pm (we were supposed to leave at noon) headed for Merriam, Kansas. Trinity Baptist Church was to be our first stop on this whirlwind trip around the country. It was really good to see Ed and Maria Thompson. They took us to a bbq restaurant and ordered more meat than I was sure I had ever seen in my life. It was good though. Unfortunately, we didn't get back to our hotel until 10:30. This might spell disaster for Evelyn.
I woke up on Sunday to discover that my right eye contact was not in the case. Good way to begin the day! I also discovered that it takes a little longer to get ready and leave with two kids, thus almost making us late for church. We did arrive on time, though I couldn't read the clock with my impaired vision. Evelyn began her morning at church climbing on the pews and generally disobeying. Harrison however slept very peacefully in his carseat. Tyler had to present, so I was left with two children to contain. I contained Harrison quite well, but towards the end of service, Evelyn made a dash for the front. Oh yes, my child tried to run up on stage at our first ever appointment, and almost succeeded. This is going to be fun...
Evelyn Quote of the Day:
Tyler (while reading her Bible storybook to her): Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...
Evelyn: I've been there.
Tyler: What?
Evelyn: I've been there.
Tyler: You've been to the Valley of the Shadow of Death?
Evelyn: Yes.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hahahaha best Evelyn-ism ever
ReplyDelete