We are now in Ulysses, Kansas, home of 5,000 people, 32 churches, an Alco that closes at 8, and some really small squirrels. Tomorrow night, Tyler will be presenting at Country View Baptist Church. We are staying with Pastor Sam Bynum and his wife Karen. And they are possibly the nicest people alive.
We had an uneventful 6.5 hour trip across the great state of Kansas. Tyler said he entertained himself for 45 minutes by looking at a wind farm (for those of you who don't know, Kansas is pretty flat and pretty monotonous), Harrison slept, and Evelyn watched her "Old Mickey Mouse movie." It is a dvd of really old Mickey Mouse cartoons, really old, like black and white. She LOVES it. She's weird.
Today we went to the park...twice. It was 75 degrees outside at noon, we had to take advantage. While we were there, I saw two (what I would later learn are called) ground squirrels. Just to give you an idea of how bad my vision is with only one contact, I thought they were lizards. Turns out they were squirrels. Really small squirrels.
I am discovering with everyday that I have forgotten alot of things. So far my list includes a bottle brush, a hair brush, and a hair dryer. I tried to go to Alco tonight to remedy some of it, but it closes at 8. This truly is a small town.
I am sure I will have more embarrassing stories about Evelyn tomorrow. We haven't been to church since Sunday, after all.
Evelyn Quote of the Day:
Tyler: You're a monkey.
Evelyn: I'm not a monkey, I'm a herman.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww, I'm sorry you forgot a few things, but it does sound like you are having fun. You all are in my prayers. God Bless!!!
ReplyDeletePs: I love the Evelyn quotes! :)