Monday, August 23, 2010

From Colorado With Love

So, the place we are staying in for the next 5 weeks doesn't have wifi.  That will make it a little harder to post, but I am determined.  Right now, I am sitting at Barnes and Noble, like all serious bloggers do.  I wonder if all the other serious bloggers head to the Christian Romance section of the store after they finish blogging.  Another amazing thing about this experience is that I am here alone!  I haven't been alone for 3 weeks...probably longer.  I suppose only other moms (especially those with newborns) can truly share the joy of this moment with me.  Or maybe I am a bad mom...

We are in Pueblo, Colorado.  It is a beautiful place.  It's as flat as Kansas, but much more interesting.  It seems much more "wild west" plus you can see the mountains.  We will be here for 5 weeks, so I am sure we will be doing a lot of exploring, but for now, the only places I have been are Walmart and this Barnes and Noble. 

Yesterday we visited Highlands Baptist Church in the Middle of Nowhere, Colorado, and Beulah Valley Baptist Church in Beulah, CO. 

Technically Highlands BC is in Boone, CO, but I consider anywhere that you have to drive 15 miles on a dirt road to get to the Middle of Nowhere.  We were there for morning services, a potluck, and afternoon services.  The highlights:  Tyler spoke three times.  The people were super nice and loved Evelyn.  The nursery didn't have a/c. 

Beulah is one of the neatest places I have ever been to.  It's a tiny little town in the mountains...well, in a valley.  Everything is built really close together, but it felt cozy instead of crowded.  It's the kind of small town that I wouldn't mind living in.  The highlights:  There are 8 members.  There is no nursery.  Evelyn and Harrison combined to make it one of the most stressful church services of my life.  At one point, we were all three sitting in the foyer (since there was nowhere else to take them) crying.  It's funny now, it wasn't funny then. 

Traveling this much with a newborn and an Evelyn is not all bunnies and rainbows.  It's hard sometimes, really hard.  But the hard times pass, and then I have two sleeping kids.  :)  Seriously, God remindes me daily how much He loves me...even through the screaming kids and stressful traveling. 

Today was a great day.  No one has had any meltdowns, including me.

Evelyn and Harrison are really enjoying our Colorado chalet.




Evelyn Quote of the Day:

I honestly can't think of one.  Not that she hasn't said hilarious stuff, I just don't remember.  Perhaps because of the stress of the last few days.  So, I will go to the archives and pull out one of my dad's favorites.

Evelyn (looking at a picture of herself drinking a juice box):  That's Evvie, and she is having a juice box like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment