Friday, August 27, 2010

Just Me, Barnes, and Noble

I am really beginning to love this Barnes and Noble.  Who knew the grating of espresso machines could be so calming.  We are in day #13 of our trip.  Some days are really fun, and some days seem to drag by.  My calendar now consists of Sundays and Wednesdays.  Then there are some days in between that have to be filled with something. 

Things we have found to do:
Walmart
The city park - which of course has disc golf.  Tyler took Evelyn with him to play the other day.  When they got there, Evelyn asked, "Where's Cody?"
Mall - it is very small, which is weird becuase Pueblo is bigger than Fayetteville
Thrift Store - it's HUGE.  It is by far the biggest thrift store I have ever been to.  And it's cheap.  Tyler discovered it on Wednesday, and at least one member of our family has been there for the past three days.

On Tuesday, we went to the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo.  I think it would be more interesting at night, but it was nice to walk around.


My attempt to be artsy
On Wednesday night, we went to Fountain Independent Baptist Church in Fountain, CO.  The church is in the middle of downtown in a 140 year old building.  I didn't need to know anything else, I was already in love.  They had a class for Evelyn to go to, which made me love them more.  And they were super nice people, which didn't hurt.  Evelyn's performance after church made me realize that she gets away with too much at church, and she knows it.  

So yesterday, at the thrift store, I bought Dr Dobson's book, "The Strong-Willed Child."  I am almost finished with it.  There is nothing in it that I didn't know, but I have found it to be a very good reminder of what we should and shouldn't do with her.  I have definitely identified some things we were doing wrong.  So today, I have put some of his advice into practice.  It is fairly easy to do at home, we'll see how I do at church on Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday, we will be in Taos, New Mexico.  We are actually going there tomorrow morning and will stay in their missions quarters Saturday night.  I am excited about the change in scenery.

Evelyn quote of the day:

Evelyn (randomly):  Outer space is icky.
Me:  Why?
Evelyn:  Because it's icky in outerspace.
Me:  What makes it icky?
Evelyn:  Well, there's loud noises.
Me:  What else?
Evelyn:  A scary table and a scary alligator.


Bonus:  Evelyn asking "Where's Cody?" has reminded me of another story...

Evelyn:  We're going to see Nanna and Bots and Lyndi.  What's Lyndi's boy's name?
Tyler:  Kevin  (Lyndi is married to Kevin)

Not funny, but you had to know that to get this

Evelyn:  What's daddy's boy's name?
Tyler:  I don't know
Evelyn:  It's Cody


1 comment:

  1. It would not let me remove the small picture at the bottom. So you get to see it twice.

    ReplyDelete